DUI CAR ACCIDENT INJURY STATISTICS
• In 2008 there were 1,347 fatalities among children aged 0-
• 11,773 people were killed from an alcohol-
• According to the Center for Disease Control, 32 people are killed by a drunk driver EVERY DAY.
• About 3 in 10 individuals will be involved in an alcohol related crash at some point in their lives.
• On average, a person drives 87 times under the influence of alcohol before being arrested.
• Young people, motorcyclists and drivers with prior DWI convictions are most at risk to be involved in an alcohol related accident.
• In 2008, 1 out of every 3 drivers who were involved in a fatal crashes, had a BAC of over 0.08% and were between the ages of 21 and 24.
• 30% of motorcyclists who were killed in alcohol related accidents had a BAC of over 0.08%.
• 64.1% of 8th graders in 2008 claimed that alcohol was “very easy” or “fairly easy” to get, however this is down from 73.1% from a decade earlier.
• On average, someone is killed by a drunk driver every 45 minutes. There were 11,773 fatalities in 2008 related to drunk driving accidents. In 2007, there were 13,041 fatalities due to drunk driving.
• 2.3% Americans aged 18 and older surveyed in 2002 said that they reported alcohol-
• 70% of all drinkers aged 19 and 20 engaged in heavy drinking. This suggests that the majority of young people are at a great risk for making poor decisions that could potentially lead to long-
• According to the Center for Disease Control, the annual cost of alcohol related accidents totals more than $51 billion.
A good attorney can help you recover damages for accidents related to a careless drunk driver. If you have suffered a temporary disability or are permanently disabled because someone else had too much to drink and decided to drive, an attorney can make sure that your damages demand includes and explains the full amount needed for your future financial security and maximum possible comfort.
For more information about our commitment to clients involved in DUI related car accident cases, contact a knowledgeable personal injury attorney in your state.